Harlan D. Hockenberg (Bud)
Direct Dial: 515-453-1060
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An experienced corporate attorney and Iowa business leader, Harlan ("Bud") Hockenberg taps into decades of law and management experience to advise Iowa business people through all facets of their unique business, estate planning, probate, real estate, and transaction needs.
Clients benefit from Hockenberg's decades of experience at the intersection of law, politics and business. His motivation is to help clients achieve their business goals, solve their business challenges and be more effective leaders.
A reputed public policy strategist and political consultant, Bud's extensive political background complements his legal practice, providing the experience, the contacts and the "reality check" to help Iowa business leaders successfully navigate the intersection of business and politics. Bud is widely considered a "door opener' to help clients build relationships with key political figures and opinion leaders in the local, state and national political arenas to help advance their business goals.
In addition, Bud is well known for his work preparing and mentoring up and coming leaders for the business of public service, shaped by his several decades of experience as a political advisor. His time tested "public service boot camp" guides prospective candidates through all facets of the process , from assembling teams of advisors to preparing for the impact of public service on one's business, personal life and family life.
Bud is chairman of Grassley Committee, Inc.
Prior to Joining the firm in 2007, Bud practiced with Des Moines area firms Abramson, Meyers, and Hockenberg; Davis, Hockenberg, Wine, Brown, Koehn and Shors; and Sullivan & Ward.
* J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, 1952
- Board of Editors, Iowa Law Review
* B.A., University of Iowa, 1949
- Member, Omicron Delta Kappa; Delta Sigma Rho; Phi Delta Phi
Honors & Awards
* AV Peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional & Civic Activities
* Member, Polk County Bar Association
* Member, Iowa State Bar Association
- Past Chair, Professionalism Committee
* Member, American Bar Association
* Council Member, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (2003 -
* Member, AIPAC
* Member, Republican Jewish Coalition
* Member and Past President, Jewish Federation of Greater Des Moines
* Past President, Greater Des Moines Chamber of Commerce Federation
* Member, Professional Advisors Council of the Community Foundation
of Greater Des Moines
* Board of Directors Iowans Supporting Israel, Inc.